Changes in the Rettig family’s ownerships
A number of changes in ownership have taken place in the Rettig companies 2006 – 2012 in order to strengthen the ownership of the family branches in the future.
The first changes took place in 2006, when Rettig-Företagen Ab, the parent company at that time, was demerged into three companies:
- Rettig Capital Ltd; owner of Rettig Group Ltd, the parent company of the industrial operations Rettig ICC (heat emitters), Bore Ltd (shipowning) and Nordkalk Corporation (limestone-based products)
- Rettig Fastighetsutveckling Ab; owner of Tarkala Oy
- Rettig Asset Management Ltd; owner of the investment portfolio.
The purpose of the demerger was to simplify the coming ownership changes between Ann, Cyril, Tom and Hans von Rettig and the next generations.
In addition to the companies mentioned above, the Rettig family owns Strömma Turism & Sjöfart AB in Sweden.
In 2011 Ann von Rettig transferred her shareholding in the three sister companies to the family branches of her brothers Cyril, Tom and Hans von Rettig. The changes in ownership have now been taken further by cross selling and buying between the family branches with the objective that each company has one or two main owners and that the financial position and structure of each company remain unchanged.
As a result, the ownerships of the family branches are:
- Rettig Capital Ltd, the parent company of Rettig Group Ltd - controlled by Cyril and Tom von Rettig’s family branches, with Cyril von Rettig as the majority owner.
Rettig Fastighetsutveckling Ab - controlled by Hans and Tom von Rettig’s family branches, with Hans von Rettig’s family branch as the majority owner.
- Rettig Asset Management Ltd - controlled by Hans, Cyril and Tom von Rettig’s family branches, with Hans von Rettig’s family branch as the majority owner.
- Strömma Turism & Sjöfart AB - controlled by Hans von Rettig’s family branch.
The objective of the changes is to treasure the traditions of the 200-year-old family-owned businesses by strong engagement in reviewing the operations even in the future.
For more information, please contact Bjarne Mitts, Chairman of the Board, Rettig Capital Ltd, Rettig Asset Management Ltd, Rettig Fastighetsuveckling Ab, tel. +358 400 317 400.