Rettig moves to new offices in Helsinki
Rettig Group will move its head office to Mannerheimintie 14A, 9th floor, in Helsinki on 1 September 2017 as renovation of the building at Bulevardi 46 starts in early September. The company is expected to move back to Bulevardi 46 once the renovation is completed by mid 2018.
The head office of Rettig Group has been located on Bulevardi 46 in Punavuori in central Helsinki since 1990 following the acquisition of Sinebrychoff in 1984. Before moving in, the building was renovated completely based on plans of architect Juhani Katainen. Almost 30 years later many materials used in the building have come to the end of its useful life and modernisation of the building is needed which will take into account the building's great architectonic and cultural value in the city of Helsinki.
The building was originally built for the oldest brewery in the Nordic countries, Sinebrychoff, which was founded in Punavuori in 1819, at the time in the outskirts of Helsinki. To secure sufficient production facilities for the brewery a new building for storage and fermentation purposes was designed by the architect Sebastian Gripenberg and built at Bulevardi in 1880. In 1890 the building was enlarged based on drawings by the architect Theodor Höijer. The building with its malt silos served as warehouse for Sinebrychoff for more than one hundred years and has since 1990 served as the head office of Rettig Group.
Read more about the history of Rettig.
Tomas von Rettig, President and CEO of Rettig Group
Tel. +358 40 7455276
Rettig Group is a Finnish family held investment company that creates value for generations through active and responsible ownership. Our investments include Rettig ICC (indoor climate comfort), Nordkalk (limestone), Alandia (insurance), eQ (asset management and corporate finance) and Anchor (financial investments). Through these businesses Rettig Group is active in about 28 countries globally and employs over 4,000 people. www.rettig.fi